Rustic Italian Pie.
Ingredients of Rustic Italian Pie
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 can of canellini beans (great white northern).
- Prepare 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of tomato paste.
- You need 1 bunch of Italian parsley, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 of polenta, I use Bob's Red Mill.
- It’s 1 of fresh grated Parmesan.
- Prepare 1 cup of Parmesan, grated.
Rustic Italian Pie instructions
- Make polenta per package instructions..
- While polenta is being prepared, brown hamburger and Italian sausage with onion and garlic in a large pot or Dutch oven..
- Drain excess fat from meat mixture..
- Add beans and mix well. Then add both cans of diced tomatoes. I use the basil, oregano, and garlic kind. Heat thoroughly..
- Add tomato paste and seasonings (you can use whatever amount and kind you prefer. I estimated my amounts, as I season and taste constantly until I reach the flavor I like)..
- Once polenta is nearly done add grated Parmesan cheese to mixture and mix well..
- Pour meat mixture in casserole dish and pour polenta over that, making sure to completely cover meat mixture..
- Place in 365 preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until polenta is nicely baked..
- Serve in bowls with freshly grated Parmesan cheese..