Orange Pistachio Biscotti FUSF. These crisp biscotti are chock full of pistachios and are flavored with orange. Cool the biscotti completely before dipping them in melted chocolate (if using). Pistachio-Orange Biscotti recipe: Try this Pistachio-Orange Biscotti recipe, or contribute your own.
Ingredients of Orange Pistachio Biscotti FUSF
- It’s 1 1/3 cups of dried cranberries.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar, I used 7/8 cup.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s of grated zest of one orange.
- Prepare 1 cup of natural shelled pistachios, salted or not.
- Prepare 1 of large egg lightly beaten with one tsp of water for egg wash.
These biscotti are perfect for dunking and enjoying with your morning coffee. The perfect festive foodie gift for all those with a sweet tooth! Please visit What Kate Baked (www.whatkatebaked.com) for the. Even this time the biscotti cracked after the first baking and I had a tough time slicing it up.
Orange Pistachio Biscotti FUSF step by step
- Soak cranberries in boiling hot water to cover until softened for 10 minutes. Drain, then pat dry with paper towels..
- Preheat the oven to 325. Butter and flour a large baking sheet. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt and orange zest in a large bowl using an electric mixer..
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat just until a dough forms. It takes awhile..
- Add cranberries and pistachios and mix at a low speed..
- Turn out on a floured surface and knead several times. Halve the dough, then form each half into a 13 x 2 inch slightly flattened log and space them 3 inches apart. Brush the logs all over with egg wash..
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool the logs on the baking sheet for ten minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and slice diagonally with a bread knife into 1/2 inch thick slices. Arrange the slices cut sides down in one layer on a rimmed baking sheet, a jelly roll pan works well..
- Bake in the middle of the oven turning once after 10 minutes, until golden and crisp, 20-25 minutes..
But the result after the second baking turned out much better than the last time. They were nice and crispy with a lot of flavours. Place the dough in a bowl and use your hands to mix in the candied orange peel and pistachios. These Pistachio & Orange Biscotti have an elegant flavor and are great to nibble on with a cup of coffee and a good book. In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, orange zest, and vanilla extract in large bowl until light and fluffy.