Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti. Spaghetti and Vegan Meatballs is the best ultimate vegan comfort food! Plus, this recipe is easy enough for a busy weeknight and is a family favorite! It's easily customizable and comes together quick enough for a busy weeknight meal!
Ingredients of Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti
- It’s 3 of medium zucchini squash peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of sprouted lentils cooked/drained according to package.
- Prepare of I medium fresh tomato chopped.
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 jar of organic spaghetti sauce (your favorite).
- It’s 2 tbs of chopped garlic.
- Prepare to taste of Italian seasoning dried.
- You need to taste of Salt/pepper.
- You need to taste of Dried Red chili pepper.
- You need of I pkg spaghetti noodles cooked, drained, tossed in 1 tbs olive oil.
Serve it over spaghetti squash boats or your favorite pasta. This plant based recipe is easy to make naturally vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free but doesn't skimp on flavor. This lentil bolognese is chock full of all those irresistible Italian. Reviews for: Photos of Vegetarian Spaghetti Squash Lasagna.
Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti step by step
- Olive oil in oversized deep skillet or Dutch oven pot on medium heat. Add all veggies above and garlic. Sauté for about 8-10 min on medium heat..
- I personally cook my noodles at the same time so they are piping hot. I like to add a little olive oil and Italian seasoning to water. (Like 1 tbs to water as it’s coming to boil)..
- After veggies are sautéed until slightly tender, add your favorite jar sauce. Add cooked lentils. Simmer 8-10 min on low heat. TIP: I keep lentils whole but you can crush/mash them if you want more of a ground beef or meat texture to the sauce. Add seasonings mentioned at this step!.
- Sometimes I also cook the lentils directly in the sauce for 6-8 minutes. If you choose that option just put 1/2 cup of water or red wine in sauce to simmer lentils if your sauce is too thick. The easy method is to cook in advance and just add to sauce above as mentioned. :-).
- Final step is to serve the sauce over your hot pasta! TIP: You can add crushed cashews tossed in olive oil and garlic salt w/ Italian seasoning and nutritional yeast for garnish for the Parmesan cheese yummy effect! I mix the ingredients together in food processor! Depending on how hard core your vegan lifestyle. Enjoy!.
I love that I get a generous serving it's filling and the mushrooms make it hearty and "meaty." Spaghetti Squash – The Healthy Spaghetti. I was going to throw the Lentil Bolognese on some spaghetti because that's how I've usually seen the dish This vegan Lentil Bolognese makes a great weeknight or Sunday dinner. Switching in lentils as the protein in the bolognese makes the sauce. Adapted from a recipe in the newspaper which we enjoyed! This makes a lot of sauce — first time ever making sauce in the microwave and it came out great and quick too!