Ingredients of 20-Minute Calzone
- It’s 300 grams of Bread (strong) flour (or cake flour).
- You need 1 tsp of Dry yeast (or baking powder).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 150 ml of Hot water.
- You need of Cheese for pizza (mozzarella etc.).
- It’s of Tomato ketchup for pizza sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For filling.
- It’s of Ham, onions, green peppers, bacon, sausages, eggplants, boiled eggs, canned tuna etc and leftover curry, ratatouille, meat sauce, potato salad etc..
20-Minute Calzone step by step
- Mix the bread flour and salt, add the sugar and dry yeast in the center, and knead by adding the olive oil and hot water a little at a time until the dough no longer sticks to your hands..
- Divide the dough from Step 1 into four portions, and make them into balls. Leave them for about 5 minutes if you have time. During this time, prepare the ingredients for the filling. It is easy and quick if you mix all the filling ingredients before the next step..
- Dust the board with flour (not included in the ingredients list), and roll the dough out into a circle shape with a rolling pin. Spread the tomato sauce on the dough, place the filling in, and fold in half. It is easy to fold if you place the filling one just one half of the dough..
- Seal the seams by pressing edges with a fork, etc. You can also seal the seams by rolling up the edges and tucking the rolled end! Any way is okay if it keeps the filling inside..
- Place the dough from Step 4 in the preheated frying pan over low heat, and bake for about 5 minutes on each side with a lid on until browned. It's done..
- Example filling combinations are 1) ham and cheese, 2) canned tuna and boiled eggs, 3) microwaved eggplants and sausages, 4) sautéed spinach and egg, 5) bacon and onions… etc..
- Try any filling combinations you think will be good with cheese, like with pizza Leftover curry and ratatouille are also good If you use any ingredients that are hard to cook through, parboil or heat beforehand..
- It is recommended to use 5 g of baking powder instead of dry yeast if using cake flour. Bread flour with baking powder is also okay. Work with what you have at home!.
- I make different sizes of calzone for my family to adjust the amount each of us can eat..