Sausage carrot cheesy Calzone. This Sausage and Cheese Calzone has a made-from-scratch dough that's stuffed with flavorful sausage and cheese for a delicious dinner that is sure to please. This recipe is sponsored by Jimmy Dean. All opinions expressed are my own.
Ingredients of Sausage carrot cheesy Calzone
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of yeast active dry yeast active dry.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s of water 1/2 water warm.
- You need 1 tablespoon of milk powder.
- Prepare 1 – 2 tablespoons of oregano thyme rosemary mix.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 – 3 cups of maida flour or.
- You need 2 – 3 tablespoons of ghee olive oil melted or.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 8 – 10 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 2 numbers of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 number of capsicum green.
- It’s 1 number of carrot medium size.
- It’s 2 – 3 numbers of sausage boiled.
- It’s 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of coriander parsley chopped or.
- You need 2 numbers of tomatoes medium.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1 number of stock maggi maggi cube.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pizza mix.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
With a large spatula, carefully transfer the calzones to the prepared baking sheets. I made one large calzone which was divided In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, garlic, seasonings, pepperoni and cooked sausage. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Carrot Snacking Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Sausage carrot cheesy Calzone step by step
- Ferment the yeast mix wuth sugar and half cup water for 10 mins. Mix all other ingredients in a atta maker or a bowl to knead..
- Pour the yeast mix into it and also enough water to knead into a pliable soft dough that springs back with a touch..
- Nicely roll in some more oil and keep in bowk with cling film or damp cloth covered and set to rise..
- Meanwhile make the filling. In a heated pan,add 2 tablespoon butter and if required a little oil. Saute garlic,onions till nicely soft and done. Add the capsicum chopped with boiled carrots and sausages sliced. Mix well the pasta mix and tomatoes. Add the stock and salt. Add ketchup and garnish with enough coriander..
- Now,divide the risen dough on a dusted clean surface. Press well with your fingertip s from centre towards the ends to a circular shape of a saucer. Put a spread of any cheese spread and a dollop of tomato sauce. Add the mix generously and sprinkle lots oof the cheese..
- Take the end and fold to a semi circle pocket and press the ends with fork and your fingers. Arrange them on s baking sheet lined wuth butter paper..
- Brush with an egg beaten for the glow. Make 2-3 cuts in middle for air and bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes at 190°c..
- At end around 2 minutes before take oout,sprinkle with more cheese,freshly chopped coriander and oregano!.
- Slice and serve hhot with any ketchup ir dip!.
Brown sausage in a small skillet in a drizzle of olive oil. Transfer the cooked crumbled sausage to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr. Coat your fingertips with flour as you crimp the calzones to prevent the dough from sticking. The pepper flakes and other spices were perfect additions. · This easy calzone recipe features homemade pizza dough and a veggie and two-cheese filling.