Calzones with wheat-flour dough. Whole Wheat Calzones have already become a regular in our dinner routine. I hope you enjoy them Dust the counter with flour. Remove the dough and knead on counter a few times to form a ball.
Ingredients of Calzones with wheat-flour dough
- It’s 1 and 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of water water luke warm +cold for kneading.
- It’s 1 tbsp of yeast baking.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of oil(olive oil or sunflower oil).
- It’s 250 gm of cottage cheese (Paneer).
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 5 pods of garlic of.
- You need 2 tbsps of tomato ketchup of.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala Everest powder.
- It’s of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil(olive oil or sunflower oil).
Pizza dough is much quicker than traditional bread dough. Woo this looks wonderful and I just got my pastry wheat flour and oat flour, can't wait to try these!!! Add in the whole wheat flour and salt, mixing until the dough begins to come together. Our calzone dough contains two simple ingredients: almond flour and mozzarella, which is basically a keto fathead dough.
Calzones with wheat-flour dough step by step
- Get dough ready and resting,before preparing the filling. Take luke warm water in a bowl,dissolve sugar in it. Add yeast,stir well,cover and keep for 10 minutes. Bubbles will appear on the surface once yeast gets activated..
- Take whole wheat flour in a bowl,add salt,add the yeast mixture and mix well. Keep kneading and add more water till the dough comes together. Knead for 5 to 10 minutes..
- Dust a clean counter with flour and knead more till you get and smooth and shiny dough. Apply oil to the dough now..
- Keep it in a bowl,covered with a cling wrap. Keep the bowl in a warm place for 2 hours. The dough will rise well during this time..
- Now get the filling ready….. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan,add crushed garlic pods and saute. Add onions and cook till they are soft and pink. Add cottage cheese and cook on a low flame. Add chilli powder,garam masala and salt. Do not overcook the filling..
- Once the dough has risen,take it on the counter and gently punch it down. Knead for 2 minutes..
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius..
- Divide the dough in equal portions,press it into a flat disk. Now use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 6"-7" circle..
- Spread a generous spoonful of filling in the bottom 1/3rd of calzone,leaving a clear border around the edge..
- Press the edges together and seal them. Arrange calzones to a parchment-lined baking sheet..
- Brush them with milk..
- Bake at 200 degress for 15 minutes. Rotate the tray and bake for another 10 mins. Bake till they are golden and browned on edges..
- Let the calzones cool on the shelf till they come to room temperature,before serving them with tomato ketchup..
Almond flour is a great source of It's also much lower in carbs that traditional white or wheat flour. When mixed with cheese, it creates a low-carb crust that's both cheesy and nutty. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding To make calzones, divide dough into four portions.