Chicken Calzone. Slice up this Buffalo chicken calzone and dip it in blue cheese dressing for your next game day gathering. The Best Chicken Calzone Recipes on Yummly Chicken Artichoke Pesto Calzones, Chicken Calzones, Chicken Parmesan Calzone.
Ingredients of Chicken Calzone
- It’s 1 cup of plain flour (makes 4-5 calzones).
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of red chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tsp. of instant yeast.
- You need 1 of egg beaten with a tbsp. of water.
- It’s of Stuffing -.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- You need pinch of asafoetida.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green chilli, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken, boiled & shredded.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mixed veggies, chopped (I used frozen ones).
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of amchur (dry mango powder).
- It’s 2-3 tbsp. of grared cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
This Pesto Chicken Calzone recipe is essentially a folded pizza filled with chicken, oozy mozzarella, onion, mushroom and basil pesto. Fun, portable and super tasty, calzones are an easy family friendly. See more ideas about Calzone, Calzone recipe, Cooking recipes. Garlic Cream Chicken Calzone – Pizza dough stuffed and rolled up with grilled chicken, spinach, jack cheese, and a garlic cream sauce.
Chicken Calzone instructions
- In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, oil, chilli flakes and yeast. Knead into a dough by adding water little at a time and as required. Cover with a muslin cloth and set aside for an hour..
- For the stuffing – Heat oil in a pan and temper with cumin seeds and asafoetida. Saute for a few seconds. Then add the onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies. Fry till light brown..
- Now add the veggies, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder. Cover and cook on a low flame for 2 minutes..
- Add the chicken, cheese and amchur powder. Saute for a minute and switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves and set aside to cool down..
- For the calzone – Knead the dough once again and then divide into 4-5 portions. Roll out each into a circle by dusting some flour..
- Place a little of the stuffing and fold it over like a half moon. Secure the edges with a fork. Make similar calzones with the remaining dough and stuffing..
- Line a baking tray with butter paper and brush with some oil / melted butter. Gently place the prepared calzones..
- Lightly brush with the egg wash and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C. for 20-25 minutes or till the top is light golden in colour. Serve with tomato ketchup, mayo or green chutney..
Brush the calzone with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. This recipe is super quick when you start with purchased chicken in barbecue sauce and Pillsbury® pizza crust. These best-ever calzones are filled with spicy chicken and gooey Monterey Jack cheese. To stay in keeping with traditional Buffalo wings, he serves the calzone with celery sticks and blue cheese. A calzone is an Italian oven-baked turnover made with folded leavened dough.