Calzone with veg filling. Easy To Make Italian Filled Oven Bread Recipe By Ruchi Bharani A calzone forms an important part of the Italian cuisine. Calzone are folded Italian bread stuffed with veggies and cheese. Outer bread is made from pizza dough.
Ingredients of Calzone with veg filling
- It’s For of Outer bread covering.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of maida.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of instant yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need For of Stuffing.
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped finely.
- It’s 1 of green capsicum chopped.
- You need 2-3 of garlic chopped finely.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese grated.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need To taste of Salt.
No cheese sliding off or floppy crusts. Just pure deliciousness wrapped up in a pillowy dough. Calzones deserve their chance to shine. This easy calzone recipe features homemade pizza dough and a veggie and two-cheese filling.
Calzone with veg filling instructions
- In a bowl seive the flour, add yeast,sugar & salt mix it & knead with warm water till it forms a soft lump..
- Then knead it for 10 to 15 mins adding 2 tbsp oil to make a smooth dough..
- Keep it to proof or rise in a greased bowl till it doubles in size..
- Once double knock it gently. Then divide it into 7 equal portions.
- Stuffing method:- Heat oil in a pan add onions & garlic saute for few mins add capsicum saute it..
- Add basil and parsley. Off the stove. Add the grated cheese mix it well..
- Assembling Take one portion of the dough roll out into a round shape 6 inch diameter…
- Place the filling on half of the circle leaving some place on the edges, gently lift the empty side of the circle & cover the stuffed side by apply water on the edges seal the sides.
- Press with the fork on the edges..
- Make the other calzone in the same way.
- Place them on a greased baking tray & keep for 10 mins.
- Then bake them in a pre heated oven at 190°C for 20 mins or till the surface is golden..
- Remove the oven and keep on a wire rack,apply butter on the calzone when hot. Serve with tomato ketchup or pasta sauce.
Dip it in zesty pizza sauce and prepare to be amazed. Calzones are folded over and crimped along the edges to seal all the fillings in. Then they're baked until the outside is golden brown and the cheese. See how to make calzones filled with kale, mushrooms, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. This homemade calzone recipe is healthy yet tasty.