Calzone. A calzone is an Italian oven-baked turnover made with folded leavened dough. Calzones deserve their chance to shine. After assembling and cutting slits into your calzone, you can freeze it.
Ingredients of Calzone
- It’s of Prepared Dough.
- You need of Filling.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chicken mince cooked.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Pizza sauce.
- You need 1/2 of Capsicum(chop).
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion chop.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Green Olives.
- It’s 1 of Egg for basting.
Dip it in zesty pizza sauce and prepare to be amazed. This Calzone Recipe will take your Italian favorite to a new level – loaded with sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan cheese and vegetables wrapped with soft and fluffy calzone dough. Making Calzones with Frank Pinello from the Pizza Show. Did you ever eat an Italian Calzone in a restaurant?
Calzone step by step
- Take prepeared dough and roll it on counter dust with flour first..
- Cut rolled dough in 2 equal parts.spread pizza sauce over rolled dough..
- Spread chicken mince, chop onion and capsicum and olives. I dnt like tomato much so avoid. You can add any veg of your choice..
- Now fold the dough one over other in triangle shape such as one side overlap the filling. Secure the sides by pressing together..
- Brush eggwash over calzone. Place in a preheated oven at 180.°c for 25_30 min. When the sides turn golden take out..
- Serve hot calzone with any sauce of your choice and enjoy boredom..
I did (a couple of My boyfriend actually introduced me to this Italian dish after he ate Calzones multiple times in Italy where. A calzone is a savory Italian turnover that is either baked or deep-fried, made from pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and a variety of other ingredients. Calzones are crescent-shaped turnovers, usually stuffed with fresh ingredients. There is no recipe for the best calzone pizza filling as we all like different things. Calzone definition is – a baked or fried turnover of pizza dough stuffed with various fillings usually including cheese. plural calzone or calzones.