Calzones. A calzone is an Italian oven-baked turnover made with folded leavened dough. Calzones deserve their chance to shine. After assembling and cutting slits into your calzone, you can freeze it.
Ingredients of Calzones
- You need 4 of tennis ball size pizza dough.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of pizza sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of paneer.
- Prepare 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of Salt to sprinkle.
- You need of Olive oil, for brushing.
Dip it in zesty pizza sauce and prepare to be amazed. Sandwich-sized calzoni are often sold at Italian lunch counters or by street vendors because they are easy to eat while standing or walking. Sweet versions, usually smaller and cookie-sized, are a specialty in the Marche region of Itlay. A calzone is a savory Italian turnover that is either baked or deep-fried, made from pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and a variety of other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. And grease two large baking sheet.
- On lightly floured surface roll on one ball pizza dough out into 8” circle.
- Spoon pizza sauce in middle of dough, then dot with ricotta and top with paneer and mozzarella..
- Gently fold dough in half and seal the sides by pressing with fork..
- Transfer it to prepare baking sheet. Brush top with oil and sprinkle with salt. Using knife slit top in 2 to 3 spots to create steam vents..
- Bake until top is golden and filling is bubbling approximately 20 minutes..
- Let it cool 5 minutes before cutting..
Homemade pizza calzones, all things pizza stuffed into homemade pizza dough and baked. It's the best handheld pizza package! One of my earliest posts on SS was my favorite childhood pizza dough. To bake the calzones on a baking stone first sprinkle a pizza peel or perfectly flat baking sheet Place three or four of the calzones on the prepared peel and slide them onto one side of the stone, leaving. ⬇ Download pizza calzone – stock vector and illustration in the best photography agency ✔ reasonable prices ✔ millions of high quality and royalty-free stock photos and images. From Italian calzone (literally "stocking, trouser").