Ingredients of Kickass Calzones!
- You need 1 packages of Betty Crocker pizza crust mix.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 of Mozzarella Cheese (as much as you like, i use approx 2/3 cup per calzone).
- It’s 1 of Jar pizza sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Any Pizza toppings you like.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of all-purpose flour as needed.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of garlic salt.
Kickass Calzones! step by step
- Preheat oven to 150°F.
- Add the 1/2 cup to you pizza dough mix. Once mixed well to dough consistency form dough into a ball in a large bowl and add thin layer of olive oil to the outside of the dough..
- Put your dough in your 150° oven for about 5 minutes to allow it to rise a bit..
- After 5 minutes in the over remove dough and set oven to 375°. Take your dough and separate it into 4 equal parts..
- On a large plastic pie mat or parchment paper roll out your dough to about the thickness of a dime adding flour as needed to your mat to keep it from sticking. (Try to make them as round as you can).
- On 1/2 of your dough start adding your toppings, pizza sauce 1st and layer your toppings afterwards ending with the cheese on top. This step is all to taste depending on your personal preference..
- Then fold the dough over and pinch the edges to close them. Then in a small bowl add your butter, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Heat it up to melt the butter and mix it well..
- Place your calzones on large cookie sheet and spread you butter mixture over the tops of calzones then put in the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on your over. I just watch them and pull them when there golden brown. ENJOY!.