Calzone. A calzone is an Italian oven-baked turnover made with folded leavened dough. Calzones deserve their chance to shine. After assembling and cutting slits into your calzone, you can freeze it.
Ingredients of Calzone
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 1 of Green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 packages of Fresh mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 packages of Pepperoni.
- You need 4 of Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Crusts or homemade crusts.
- It’s 2 packages of Pizza blend shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of Bottle of pizza sauce.
- It’s 1 of Grated Parmesan cheese.
Dip it in zesty pizza sauce and prepare to be amazed. This Calzone Recipe will take your Italian favorite to a new level – loaded with sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan cheese and vegetables wrapped with soft and fluffy calzone dough. Making Calzones with Frank Pinello from the Pizza Show. Did you ever eat an Italian Calzone in a restaurant?
Calzone step by step
- Cook your ground beef and sauté your veggies. While that is cooking, roll out one of the pizza crusts into a rectangle..
- Add sauce and spread to about an inch- inch and half from the edge of the crust..
- Add a layer of cheese followed by a layer of pepperoni. Then add some meat, mushrooms and chopped bell peppers. Top with another layer of pepperoni followed by more cheese and a little bit more sauce..
- Fold the short sides inwards a few inches so that your toppings won't leak out when it cooks. Then fold the long sides together to the middle and pinch closed to seal..
- Place the calzone seam side down on a baking sheet. Use a knife to cut a few slits in the top to let steam escape..
- *this step is optional but I really liked it. Before baking, brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder.*.
- Bake according to the instructions on the pizza crust package (you may have to cook a little longer, you may not). When it's finished, take out of the oven and sprinkle some grated Parmesan on top..
I did (a couple of My boyfriend actually introduced me to this Italian dish after he ate Calzones multiple times in Italy where. A calzone is a savory Italian turnover that is either baked or deep-fried, made from pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and a variety of other ingredients. Calzones are crescent-shaped turnovers, usually stuffed with fresh ingredients. There is no recipe for the best calzone pizza filling as we all like different things. Calzone definition is – a baked or fried turnover of pizza dough stuffed with various fillings usually including cheese. plural calzone or calzones.