Calzone. A calzone is an Italian oven-baked turnover made with folded leavened dough. Calzones deserve their chance to shine. After assembling and cutting slits into your calzone, you can freeze it.
Ingredients of Calzone
- Prepare 2 of pkgs pizza dough mix.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Pizza toppings of choice.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried Italian seasoning.
- It’s of Parmesan Cheese.
Dip it in zesty pizza sauce and prepare to be amazed. This Calzone Recipe will take your Italian favorite to a new level – loaded with sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan cheese and vegetables wrapped with soft and fluffy calzone dough. Making Calzones with Frank Pinello from the Pizza Show. Did you ever eat an Italian Calzone in a restaurant?
- Mix up pizza mix as instructed. Or you can use canned pizza dough. Press out on baking sheet. Cut in half or fourths pending on size you want..
- Add small amount of sauce onto half of one piece careful to not go to edge..
- Add desired toppings on top of the sauce and top with cheese. Fold over pizza dough and pinch together with fingers or fork..
- In small bowl add butter, minced garlic and italian seasoning and melt in microwave. Brush on the top of calzones. Cut 2 vent holes in the top.. Bake in oven according to pizza dough package.
- Heat remaining pizza sauce with some parmesan to dip.
I did (a couple of My boyfriend actually introduced me to this Italian dish after he ate Calzones multiple times in Italy where. A calzone is a savory Italian turnover that is either baked or deep-fried, made from pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and a variety of other ingredients. Calzones are crescent-shaped turnovers, usually stuffed with fresh ingredients. There is no recipe for the best calzone pizza filling as we all like different things. Calzone definition is – a baked or fried turnover of pizza dough stuffed with various fillings usually including cheese. plural calzone or calzones.