serious comfort winter savory mini calzones. Mini Calzones are stuffed with provolone, ricotta, and salami wrapped in a golden brown crusty pizza dough! You can't beat those cheesy, meaty, salty, and savory Italian flavors. I love the little unexpected twist the provolone adds.
Ingredients of serious comfort winter savory mini calzones
- You need 2 cup of cooked chicken cut up.
- It’s 5 slice of thick cut bacon.
- You need 2 cup of packed baby spinach fresh.
- It’s 1 of fresh pizza dough.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded mozerella.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded smoked gouda.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter, softened.
With the scrumptious filling oozing out at every. This simple yet show-stopping Mini Spinach Ricotta Calzone Recipe is a wonderful snack to make this week when the family members start showing up on your doorstep. Filled with fresh ricotta cheese, chopped spinach, mozzarella, and spices, each bite is a comforting mouthful of cheesy euphoria. Winter comfort food recipes including casseroles, stews, slow cooker and crockpot recipes, and sheet pan dinners.
serious comfort winter savory mini calzones step by step
- preheat oven to 375.
- use pizza dough at room temperature. lightly flour work surface and cut pizza into 5 or 6 equal pieces..
- in large bowl mix all ingredients using soften butter to make filling stick together.
- stretch your pieces of dough into approximately 8 " rounds and 1/2 " thick.
- place 2-3 heaping tablespoons of filling mix onto one side of each dough round.
- gently fold over and press edges of dough together. using a knife cut a few small slashes in top.
- bake on well seasoned or greased cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- I like to get fresh dough from one of the local pizza places but it can also be found in almost all grocery store deli..
Guinness Beef Stew by Gimme Some Oven Going hand in hand with soups, savory winter stews up the ante with heartier stick-with-you ingredients braised until every bite is luxuriously. During the cold winter months, satisfy your comfort food cravings with easy recipes of hearty foods, like vegetable soups, mashed potatoes, and homemade chocolate cake. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to wait until the middle of winter to cook up your favorite comfort food classics! Variation: You can fill a calzone with just about any combination of meats, cheeses and vegetables that you'd put on a pizza. Also, experience has taught me that the mini saltines are the only way to go.