calzones. A calzone is an Italian oven-baked turnover made with folded leavened dough. Calzones deserve their chance to shine. After assembling and cutting slits into your calzone, you can freeze it.
Ingredients of calzones
- It’s 2 tbsp of pizza sauce.
- You need 2 1/2 oz of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 box of jiffy pizza crust.
- You need 1/2 cup of warm water for pizza crust.
- You need 1 bunch of any veggie or meat filling.
- Prepare 1 oz of oil or cooking spray.
- It’s 2 1/2 oz of mozzarella cheese.
Dip it in zesty pizza sauce and prepare to be amazed. Sandwich-sized calzoni are often sold at Italian lunch counters or by street vendors because they are easy to eat while standing or walking. Sweet versions, usually smaller and cookie-sized, are a specialty in the Marche region of Itlay. A calzone is a savory Italian turnover that is either baked or deep-fried, made from pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and a variety of other ingredients.
calzones step by step
- I used a toaster over and used the temp on pizza crust box don't preheat or it will burn..
- make pizza crust directed on box but don't pre cook..
- dusted with flour and then oil and rolled out the dough ..
- added pizza sauce, filling and cheese..
- folded over crust and made sure no gaps where left usually you can press with a fork..
- cut 3 slits on the top to let vent. and put in oven on temp. on box and it takes about 10 mins depending on your oven..
- take out when golden brown..
Homemade pizza calzones, all things pizza stuffed into homemade pizza dough and baked. It's the best handheld pizza package! One of my earliest posts on SS was my favorite childhood pizza dough. To bake the calzones on a baking stone first sprinkle a pizza peel or perfectly flat baking sheet Place three or four of the calzones on the prepared peel and slide them onto one side of the stone, leaving. ⬇ Download pizza calzone – stock vector and illustration in the best photography agency ✔ reasonable prices ✔ millions of high quality and royalty-free stock photos and images. From Italian calzone (literally "stocking, trouser").