Calzone. A calzone is an Italian oven-baked turnover made with folded leavened dough. Calzones deserve their chance to shine. After assembling and cutting slits into your calzone, you can freeze it.
Ingredients of Calzone
- You need 1 packages of Cooked Ham.
- You need 12 slice of Salami.
- Prepare 1 large of Container of Whole Milk Ricota Cheese.
- Prepare 1 packages of Mozzarella Cheese.
- You need 2 loaf of Of Thin/Thick Crust Pizza Dough.
Dip it in zesty pizza sauce and prepare to be amazed. This Calzone Recipe will take your Italian favorite to a new level – loaded with sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan cheese and vegetables wrapped with soft and fluffy calzone dough. Making Calzones with Frank Pinello from the Pizza Show. Did you ever eat an Italian Calzone in a restaurant?
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice up the Ham and Salami.
- Open pizza dough and lay one on a sheet tray, poke a few holes in the crust to prevent bubbling, and place in oven until golden brown.
- Take dough out of oven and start layering the ingredients starting with Ricota, then Ham and Salami, then Mozzarella cheese, and repeat 2 times.
- Then place the other pizza dough ontop of the pizza and seal the edges with a fork.
- Poke a few holes on the top to let the steam escape.
- Place in oven for about 10-15 mins or until top crust is golden brown.
- Take out, cut into portion size pieces and ENJOY! (:.
I did (a couple of My boyfriend actually introduced me to this Italian dish after he ate Calzones multiple times in Italy where. A calzone is a savory Italian turnover that is either baked or deep-fried, made from pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and a variety of other ingredients. Calzones are crescent-shaped turnovers, usually stuffed with fresh ingredients. There is no recipe for the best calzone pizza filling as we all like different things. Calzone definition is – a baked or fried turnover of pizza dough stuffed with various fillings usually including cheese. plural calzone or calzones.