Super easy and yummy Calzone!. Quick and Easy Calzones are a delicious alternative to pizza. Quick and Easy Calzones are so fun to make with your family. A simple dough and sauce combined with A Calzone, on the other hand, is pizza dough stuffed with cheese and any other yummy pizza toppings, then folded over like a turnover.
Ingredients of Super easy and yummy Calzone!
- It’s 1 can of premade pizza dough crust (can used canned, bagged, or homemade).
- Prepare 1 cup of mozzarella Cheese shredded.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesean cheese shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red peppers.
- You need 1/2 cup of green peppers.
- You need 1/4 cup of green onions.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh parsley.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of Pepperoni slices.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Chicken and Pastry Puff Pastry Puff pastry and chicken are the secret ingredients in this fabulous recipe. These stuffed treats are hearty, easy, and. This homemade calzone recipe is a mixture of sausage, pepperoni and bell peppers, all baked inside pizza dough with plenty of melted cheese. Calzones are the perfect food for a party, they're hand held, hearty and totally delicious.
Super easy and yummy Calzone! instructions
- Preheat oven with a pizza stone in it (or a upside down baking sheet) to 400`F..
- Prep veggies, cutting into 1cm pieces. Doesn't need to be prefect, you can use as little or as many veggies as you like..
- Beat eggs. Add all chopped parsley. Seperate in half to have 2 batches of the egg mixture..
- After separating the egg mixture add mozzarella to ONLY 1 batch. This batch goes on the inside of the calzone! Set both batches aside..
- Layout parchment paper on counter. Use the olive oil to slick the surface..
- Pop open your pizza dough. Lay out flat on the oiled paper..
- On 1/2 of the dough lay out ingredients. Leave about a 1inch boarder around the dough. Then put the egg, parsley, and mozzarella mixture down first. Then layer cheese, veggies, and pepperoni. Use as much or as little as you like..
- Fold over remained of dough to cover the filling. Crimp edges, roll edges. Just get it to stay shut! Rolling seems to work best for me..
- Poke top of dough with a fork..
- Place on the stone, or baking sheet, while still on the parchment paper! Cook for about 15 mins. Take out of oven and brush on the remaining egg mixture, if you have left over parmesean cheese put a little on top if you want. Place back in oven for another 5-10 mins depending on your oven..
- Take out and let rest before cutting..
- Enjoy! This was adapted from a Food Network Maganize recipe..
This easy calzone recipe features homemade pizza dough and a veggie and two-cheese filling. would you believe that I also tried out calzones for the first time yesterday and loved the outcome- I made a simple veggie filling though- nxt on list is spinach stuffing- looks super delicious. Making calzones have never been easier! This Easy Calzones Recipe will take your favorite pizza and wrap it into something super tasty and impressive! Homemade calzones are easy to make at home and you will love these veggie calzones! They are stuffed with kale, mushrooms, and ricotta cheese.