Easy Calzones. Easy Calzones from Delish.com are stuffed full of pepperoni and mozzarella. Just pure deliciousness wrapped up in a pillowy dough. Calzones deserve their chance to shine.
Ingredients of Easy Calzones
- It’s 2 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 envelope of Yeast.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of Grated mozzarella cheese (or Italian blend).
- It’s 1 cup of Pizza sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of Any pizza topping(s) you enjoy.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
Quick and Easy Calzones are a delicious alternative to pizza. Quick and Easy Calzones are so fun to make with your family. A simple dough and sauce combined with lots of gooey cheese and favorite..these Easy Calzones use store-bought pizza dough and feature two great filling ideas, with a Calzones, of course, are just pizza in turn-over form. To make these easy calzones, I started with a.
Easy Calzones instructions
- In a large mixing bowl add honey and very warm water. Then add in yeast packet, stir, and let it rest for 2 min..
- Add in 1 cup of flour and stir with a spatula. Now mix in salt and olive oil. Once mixed thoroughly add in the second cup of flour..
- For the last half cup of flour, kneed it on a floured countertop until the dough is not sticky..
- Cover the bowl with a dry towel and let the dough sit for 1 hour in a dry, warm place..
- In the mean time you can prepare/cook ingredients for the pizza that may need cooking such as onions, sausage, or bacon!.
- Make the dough into a ball and put into a bowl. The bowl should have oil on the bottoms and sides. Now cover the top of the dough with olive oil..
- Now that the hour is done, take the towel off and punch down the dough to deflate it a little. Divide the dough into four equal parts and form a ball..
- On a well powdered surface, take one dough ball and roll out to an 8 inch circle..
- Add pizza sauce to half of the circle making sure to leave a 1/2 inch space without sauce along the edge..
- Now add the toppings to the area with pizza sauce, and top with a generous heap of cheese..
- Now time to fold over the other half of the dough on top of the cheese and toppings. It should look like a swollen half circle..
- Now take the edge and fold over in half inch pieces to create a swirl effect on the edge of the calzone. Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Now repeat with the other 3 dough balls..
- Wipe an egg wash (egg +water) on top of all of the calzones. Top calzones with a dash of salt and pepper..
- Put into oven until golden brown or about 20 min..
- Serve with a side of pizza sauce or Parmesan! Yum yum!.
These are super easy stuffed calzone recipes. Sausage Stuffed Calzones Combine pizza sauce, sausage, and some cheese for flavorful and easy calzones made with refrigerated pizza crust. This Easy Calzones Recipe will take your favorite pizza and wrap it into something super tasty and impressive! Making calzones has never been so simple! Easy Calzones recipe: Possibly the best calzones you've ever had.