Pizza Calzones ♥♥. Stephen Schmitt's Pizza on the EGG. minimum order Bella donna *award winning pizza. Tomato sauce, mozzarella, sausage, pepperoni, green pepper, basil.
Ingredients of Pizza Calzones ♥♥
- Prepare of dough.
- It’s 5 cup of unbleached AP Flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of Luke warm water.
- It’s 1 packages of instant yeast.
- It’s of pizza sauce.
- It’s 1 can of plain tomatoes sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of basil pesto.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 1 of Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 of pepperoni.
- It’s 1 of mushrooms.
- It’s 3 of mozzarella balls.
A calzone unveils itself slowly, bite by bite, especially if you've layered the fillings with several elements. Based on an elaborate dish I sampled at Don Antonio by Starita, a Midtown pizzeria, it has basil-perfumed ricotta and. Homemade pizza calzones, all things pizza stuffed into homemade pizza dough and baked. It's the best handheld pizza package!
Pizza Calzones ♥♥ step by step
- Dissolve yeast in luke warm water for 15 minutes with 1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Meanwhile combine flour, salt..
- Once yeast is active and foaming, pour yeast mixture in mixer, add olive oil , turn mixer with DOUGH HOOK on low and slowly add flour. Mix for 5 MINS. Next turn off mixer and allow dough to rest for 2 mins. Turn mixer back on low for 3 mins ( you may have to add a bit more flour) ball of dough should pull away from the sides of the bowl..
- Place dough in bowl greased with olive oilm Cover with cling film and allow to rise in warm area free of drafts for 1 hour. After hour punch down dough. Roll out on floured surface..
- Fill with ingredients of your choice, and pizza sauce, fold dough over and pull dough up around edges all the way around, sealing as you go..
- Make the slices on top to help with ventilation. Brush with olive oil. Bake at 400° until golden brown..
These homemade pizza calzones have a crispy crust, soft gooey center. I bet your family will be giving you high fives all night long. Seen as inferior to the grand pizza pie, calzones are often forgotten about, but why? They are basically an individual pizza all wrapped up. We used our favorite pizza dough to make the dough for calzone and the results are absolutely perfect!