Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese). Stromboli is a type of turnover filled with various Italian cheeses (typically mozzarella) and cold cuts (typically Italian meats such as salami, capocollo and bresaola) or vegetables. The dough used is either Italian bread dough or pizza dough. While stromboli and calzones can have very similar fillings—meat, cheese, vegetables—there are a few notable differences.
Ingredients of Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese)
- Prepare 1 of Frozen pizza dough ball.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 lb of ham( cold cuts, thinly sliced).
- You need 1/4 lb of Pepperoni (sandwich size, thin sliced).
- Prepare 1/4 lb of Provolone cheese sliced thin.
- You need 1/4 lb of mozzarella cheese sliced thin.
- It’s 1/4 lb of Salami sliced thin.
Calzone and stromboli are dishes that are a big part of my Italian family traditions—my family can't get enough of them. Although they can be confused by their similar looks, stromboli and calzones are as different in their They're best when they come out of the oven with the cheese falling over the sides. Strombolis and calzones often have the same ingredients. They are both generally made with mozzarella cheese.
Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese) step by step
- Spray bowl with cooking spray and place pizza dough in bowl and cover (I use wax paper) allow to rise in warm area takes about 1 hour.
- Spread flour on counter and place dough on flour and roll the dough out as large as you can wo it getting paper thin. If sticking to rolling pin use flour on it to help reduce sticking.
- Layer your meat and cheeses 1 variety at a time, I go in a circular patten and don't be shy to get hear edges. I do meat…cheese…meat…cheese..meat. however layer however you like.
- Once all meat and cheese is placed, it's rolling time. Take the longer side of the dough and roll it like a burrito or like rolling a beach towel til you reach other end. Do this slow so dough does not tear..
- Tuck the corners in and under. Then carefully transfer your stromboli to a greased cookie sheet/pizza pan.Once on sheet , wisk 1 egg and brush on top on stromboli. .makes it golden brown ;).
- Cook on 350 for 35 to 40 min then broil for 2 min for crispy top. Then cut into slices and enjoy.
Calzones in the USA are more likely to contain pizza toppings than deli meats, but there are plenty of restaurants that serve Italian deli meats in their. Warm meat and melted cheese all wrapped up in seasoned pizza dough. This surprisingly savory Bundt cake is not a Bundt cake at all, but a stromboli filled with meat and cheese. Stromboli Bundt Cake By Sue Lau Palatable Pastime I know you are looking at the title of this recipe and quizzically.