Calzone. A calzone is an Italian oven-baked turnover made with folded leavened dough. Calzones deserve their chance to shine. After assembling and cutting slits into your calzone, you can freeze it.
Ingredients of Calzone
- You need 3 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 envelope of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of hot water.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of marinara sauce.
- Prepare 2 cup of grated cheese (Colby works best).
- It’s 1 packages of pepperoni, Canadian bacon, hamburger, or meat of your choice.
- It’s 1 of onion, peppers, olives, pineapple, or filling of your choice.
- You need 1 of egg, whisked and set aside.
Dip it in zesty pizza sauce and prepare to be amazed. This Calzone Recipe will take your Italian favorite to a new level – loaded with sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan cheese and vegetables wrapped with soft and fluffy calzone dough. Making Calzones with Frank Pinello from the Pizza Show. Did you ever eat an Italian Calzone in a restaurant?
- For the dough: Mix flour, salt, and yeast..
- Mix in oil, egg, and hot water. Stir until sticky but firm and pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Let set 5 minutes..
- Divide dough into 4 pieces..
- Roll each piece of dough into circles approximately 1/4 inch thick..
- Add marinara, leaving 1/2-1 inch free of any sauce or filling at the edge of the dough.
- Top with ingredients of choice (pictured is pepperoni). Top this with 1/2 cup of cheese..
- Fold dough in half over the top of the ingredients so that bit looks like a half circle. Roll the edge together to seal..
- Place on baking sheet and brush tops with egg wash.
- Bake at 400°F for about 25 minutes. Allow to cool before eating.
I did (a couple of My boyfriend actually introduced me to this Italian dish after he ate Calzones multiple times in Italy where. A calzone is a savory Italian turnover that is either baked or deep-fried, made from pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and a variety of other ingredients. Calzones are crescent-shaped turnovers, usually stuffed with fresh ingredients. There is no recipe for the best calzone pizza filling as we all like different things. Calzone definition is – a baked or fried turnover of pizza dough stuffed with various fillings usually including cheese. plural calzone or calzones.