Ground Turkey Stuffed Calzone with garlic buttered crust.
Ingredients of Ground Turkey Stuffed Calzone with garlic buttered crust
- Prepare 1 handful of freshly prepared dough.
- You need 1 lbs of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of marinara or pizza sauce.
- Prepare of seasoning salts.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter, melted.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Ground Turkey Stuffed Calzone with garlic buttered crust instructions
- Roll out your dough on a well floured surface into a large oval/rectangle that is about twice the size that you want your calzone to be..
- Prepare ground turkey by browning it in a stovetop pan with most of your Minced garlic. Drain all the juices from the pan and add your tomatoes and onions. Once veggies have softened add your marinara sauce and continue to cook until it reduces slightly..
- Lay down half of your cheese on one half of the dough making sure to keep it a 1/4 inch or so from the ends. Add your ground turkey mix over top then add the rest of the cheese. Wet the ends of the dough before flipping the empty half over and sealing it..
- Cook in the oven at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Melt butter and mix with the rest of the minced garlic. Spread mixture over the calzone after it is out of the oven and sprinkle some seasoning salt or parmesan on top. Enjoy!.