Mighty Minestrone. A big pot of soup is warm and comforting. Beans and pasta combine to make a complete protein meal. A big pot of soup is warm and comforting.
Ingredients of Mighty Minestrone
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of carrot, diced.
- It’s 1 stick of celery, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed/finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of courgette, diced.
- You need 2 of small pots, diced.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tbsp tomato puree.
- It’s 1 L of veg stock (I use Kallo).
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 can of borlotti beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 handful of shredded cavolo nero.
- You need 2 handfuls of small pasta or broken up spaghetti.
- It’s of Parmesan rinds or vegetarian alternative.
- You need of Extra virgin or rapeseed oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of (Optional) 1 tsp of green pesto.
Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. You can add whatever vegetables, beans, and pasta you like. Minestrone Soup is a classic Italian soup that is hearty, healthy, and perfect for lunch or dinner on a.
Mighty Minestrone instructions
- Add a lug of oil into a large pan. Add the onion, carrot and celery and soften for 5-6 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and soften for 2 more minutes..
- Add the tomato puree to the pan, stir and cook out for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil then add the courgette, borlotti beans, pasta, Parmesan rinds (or veggi alternative if using), bay leaves and seasoning..
- Simmer for around 15 mins until the potatoes and pasta are cooked. A couple of minutes from the end, add the cavolo nero and add a drop more water if you need to make it more ‘soupy’..
- Pull out the rinds and bay leaves. Serve with grated Parmesan and teaspoon of pesto on top of each bowl, if using..
- Don’t have borlotti beans? Use pinto or cannellini beans -No Parmesan rinds? Don’t let it stop you, just save them in a bag in the fridge or freezer for next time….they keep for ages! -No cavolo nero? Use kale as an alternative or spinach -Feel free to add and interchange vegetables that you have or that need using up..
Minestrone (/ˌmɪnɪsˈtroʊni/; Italian: [mineˈstroːne]) is a thick soup of Italian origin made with vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice, sometimes both. Common ingredients include beans, onions, celery, carrots, stock, and tomatoes. This budget minestrone is the classic Italian soup made with cannellini beans and broken up spaghetti. Feel free to stir in extra vegetables, depending on what you have in the fridge. абхазская австралийская австрийская авторская адыгейская азербайджанская азиатская алжирская американская английская арабская аргентинская армянская африканская баварская. Vegan Minestrone Soup is brimming with garden vegetables, beans, spices and pasta for a deliciously healthy and comforting meal!