Fresh Tomato Minestrone with Summer Vegetables 🌱.
Ingredients of Fresh Tomato Minestrone with Summer Vegetables 🌱
- Prepare of Fresh tomatoes (any shape and size).
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of small courgette.
- You need 1 of small red onion.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic (crushed).
- You need A few of peas, beans, spinach, chard or any other seasonal veg.
- You need 1 splash of oil.
- You need 3 cups of veg stock (or a water and squirt of tomato purée as an alternative).
- It’s A few of strands of Bucatini or spaghetti.
- You need 1 pinch of seasalt.
- You need of 1 pinch of white pepper.
Fresh Tomato Minestrone with Summer Vegetables 🌱 step by step
- Wash and chop the veg. Heat a splash of oil and lightly sauté the celery, onion and carrot (soffritto) and the bay leaf. I like to keep this chunky. Add the water, break the pasta, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the pasta is almost cooked. It’s best if you use a small pasta that doesn’t take too long to cook, I used Bucatini..
- If you are using a large tomato you can grate this into the soup. For smaller tomatoes chop and add. Add the courgette and beans and any other veg. Use you judgement as to how long your veg needs to cook in the soup. You want to give them long enough to add flavour but you don’t want them to be soggy..
- Season to your taste and enjoy..