" Biscotti with Chocolate Chips ".
Ingredients of " Biscotti with Chocolate Chips "
- You need 1/4 cup of butter- at Room temperture.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable shortening.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
" Biscotti with Chocolate Chips " step by step
- Heat oven to 375°· Line baking sheet with parchment paper..
- In mixing bowl. Cream butter, shortening, sugar until fluffy. Add eggs- one at a time mix well after each egg. Scrape bowl & sides. Beat in vanilla- b.powder-salt..
- Reduce mixer speed. Gradually add flour.Until incorparted.Add chocolate chips..
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Shape each piece into 12" logs. Transfer logs to baking sheet.With damp fingers flatten slightly to about 3" wide..
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Until lightly brown around edges. Remove from oven. Let rest 20 minutes.Reduce oven heat to 300° ..
- Transfer logs to cutting board. Cut them into 3/4" to 1" wide slices. Return slices cut side up back on baking sheet. Bake 15 min. Turn them over bake another 15 min. Allow them to cool. Store in a container for 2 weeks at room temperture..