Prawn and courgette spaghetti. A quick and easy Lemony Prawn & Courgette Spaghetti recipe, from our authentic Italian cuisine collection. Cook the spaghetti following the pack instructions. Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to make thin ribbons of courgette.
Ingredients of Prawn and courgette spaghetti
- It’s 2 of courgettes.
- Prepare 250 grams of raw peeled prawns (cooked also work).
- It’s 300 grams of spaghetti.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove peeled and finely sliced.
- You need half of a lemon.
- It’s of parmesan cheese.
You can never have too much of a good thing. The Italians, after all, virtually live on the stuff and have devised thousands of different ways to make it taste good. Tip in the tomatoes, most of the basil, the frozen prawns, caster sugar. We love courgette spaghetti, so we've created some easy courgetti recipes to enjoy this healthy food trend.
Prawn and courgette spaghetti step by step
- Cut courgettes in half lengthways, then slice.
- Put some oil in frying pan and cook courgettes until soft.
- In meantime cook spaghetti as per packet instructions. We used c.300 grams which would serve 4 adults.
- Add the sliced garlic to courgettes and gently fry.
- Once courgettes have softened and starting to brown, add prawns. If raw, cook until pink. Careful not to overcook. Once cooked, remove from heat and squeeze lemon.
- Drain spaghetti when cooked and add to pan with prawns and courgettes. Stir gently. Season..
- Serve with sprinkle of parmesan cheese if desired..
- Tips: add chilli for a bit more bang. I cooked for my kids so kept it simple. Enjoy..
Spiralizers are a nifty kitchen gadget for creating gorgeous long spirals of fruit and veg – spiralized courgette in particular makes for a delicious, healthy alternative to spaghetti. Small amount of courgette spaghetti for colour/texture. Lemon and pink peppercorn butter in the pack. Drain pasta and mix well with the fish and courgette, chilli. A simple Prawn and courgette linguine recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends.