Fresh Pesto with Courgette Spaghetti.
Ingredients of Fresh Pesto with Courgette Spaghetti
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 80 g of fresh basil, washed and stalks removed.
- You need 50 g of pine nuts, very lightly toasted.
- Prepare 60 g of parmesan cheese, finely grated.
- You need 6 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 8 of courgettes cut into spaghetti.
Fresh Pesto with Courgette Spaghetti instructions
- Add the garlic, salt and pine nuts to a food processor (or use a pestle and motar). Pulse mix until the pine nuts are well ground..
- Add the basil leaves and pulse blend again until the leaves are well combined..
- Tip the mixture into a medium sized bowl and stir in half of the parmesan..
- Add 3 tsp of olive oil and stir gently..
- Add the salt and the rest of the parmesan and stir gently again. Add in the remaining olive oil tsp by tsp until you get the right consistency (it should be a thick, oozing paste). Season to taste with black pepper and more salt if required..
- You can serve the pesto with hot or raw, cold courgette spaghetti. If serving hot, stir fry the courgette spaghetti in a wok for 2 minutes then stir through the pesto just before serving..