Spaghetti with Zucchini & Fried Lemon. Zucchini Spaghetti Haiku: "Really just a sauce, albeit, a tasty one. Add the garlic; when it begins to sizzle, add the zucchini and saute for a couple of minutes. How to Make Spaghetti with Zucchini and Garlic.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with Zucchini & Fried Lemon
- It’s 1 lb of spaghetti.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil, plus more for drizzling.
- You need 2 oz of sunflower seeds.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- You need 2 tbsp of capers.
- You need 1.25 lbs of zucchini.
- It’s 6 oz of feta cheese, crumbled.
- It’s to taste of fresh parsley, chopped.
- It’s of to taste, salt & pepper.
This simple recipe for Zucchini Spaghetti is super quick to prepare, and it is perfect for those nights when. This zucchini noodle spaghetti bolognese is reminiscent of an Italian beef ragu, but better. Fresh zoodles are warmed up with a layer of rich bolognese, then topped with basil and parmesan. Go green(er) with spaghetti with zucchini and spinach.
Spaghetti with Zucchini & Fried Lemon step by step
- Cook spaghetti in salted water according to the package. Once al dente, drain and rinse with cold water to bring its temperature down. In the colander, drizzle the pasta with olive oil and toss, to prevent it from sticking..
- Thinly slice onion and lemon (be sure to remove the seeds). Also, using a mandoline (big time saver!) thinly slice the zucchini..
- Use a large wok and heat the olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the sunflower seeds and fry them, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the seeds and reserve..
- In the same oil, add the sliced onion and lemon. Season with salt and pepper and fry until the onions begin to caramelize and the lemon has softened (this will take around 5 minutes).
- Add capers, stir and let sizzle for 2 minutes..
- Add the zucchini, some more salt and pepper, and cook until the zucchini have shrunk in size by about half and are translucent (about 12 minutes). By now, the entire kitchen should smell like a delicious, lemony sauce….
- Turn off the heat and wait for one minute. Then, add the cooled down spaghetti and toss to coat..
- Keep tossing while adding the chopped parsley, the sunflower seeds and feta cheese. Serve with some additional parsley for garnish..
- TIP: if you prefer, you can remove the lemon peels as you eat. I myself LOVE its bitter tang, but it can be a bit overwhelming for some..
When the pasta is cooked to your. Spaghetti with Zucchini Recipe, Learn how to make Spaghetti with Zucchini (absolutely delicious recipe This Spaghetti with Zucchini recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested. Invert the whole thing onto a. Stir and toss the spaghetti with the zucchini until it is mixed well. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.