Vegetable lasagna. Tender vegetables, a light tomato sauce, and lots of cheese make this the best vegetable lasagna recipe, ever. Jump to the Vegetable Lasagna Recipe or watch our video to see how we make it. This hearty, vegetable lasagna is the only lasagna my husband will eat.
Ingredients of Vegetable lasagna
- You need of bechamel sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cheese (parmiggiano or grano padano or provolone or mix of all the three).
- Prepare of ricotta mixture.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 200 grams of ricotta.
- It’s 5 tbsp of green pesto.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of vegetable mixture.
- You need 2 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 2 cup of diced bell peppers.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves peeled and minced.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen spinach.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of asparagus cut into small pieces.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of freshly chopped thyme.
- Prepare 1 packages of lasagna sheets.
- You need 1/2 cup of mix of shredded provolone, parmiggiano, grano padano or mozzarella cheese.
The Ultimate Vegan Lasagna is loaded with veggies, vegan spinach-ricotta and your favorite pasta sauce for a It really is, The Ultimate Vegetable Lasagna. This Garden Vegetable Lasagna is made of up layers of plenty of sauteed vegetables (onions, carrots, zucchini, broccoli and yellow squash), cheeses and a very simple creamy spinach sauce. The star of the show is this roasted vegetable lasagna — always a hit! Here's what Ina says about In her headnotes, Ina explains, "I've wrestled with all kinds of vegetable lasagnas.
Vegetable lasagna instructions
- To make the bechamel sauce. In a sauce pan add the butter. After it melts add the flour and cook the flour under low heat for 3 minutes until there are no lumps. After that add the milk gently to the flour. Stir the whole mixture until it thickens and resembles a sauce consistency. Season it with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add the cheese mixture and set aside while it cools down..
- For the ricotta mixture. Add all the ingredients mentioned under ricotta mixture in a bowl and mix and set aside..
- For the vegetable mixture. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil..
- Once the oil is hot add the chopped garlic and cook it for 30 seconds. Add the vegetables and cook them under medium low heat for 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and moist..
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 425°F.
- When the vegetables are done, now it is time to layer the lasagna..
- Give the baking dish a good layer of butter wash. For layering the lasagna, divide the ricotta mix into 3 parts, vegetable mix into 3 parts and bechamel sauce into 4 parts..
- Tip: Layer the lasagna sheets in between the bechamel sauce and the ricotta mixture. The moisture content in the sauce and ricotta mixture helps cook the lasagna sheets..
- Pour 1/4 of bechamel sauce on the bottom and top with 3 sheets of lasagna sheets. Number of sheets depends on the size of the casserole dish. Top the lasagna sheets with 1/3 of ricotta mixture and top it with 1/3 of vegetable mixture..
- Continue layering the lasagna with similiar steps. Sauce, lasagna sheets, ricotta mixture and vegetable mix. Lastly top the sheets with the bechamel sauce and cover with aluminium foil and bake it for 45 minutes..
- After baking it uncover the foil and top with cheese mixture and bake it until the cheese melts..
- Mine took almost 15 minutes for the cheese to become bubbly and goey. Once the baking is done give a good 15 minutes for the lasagna to set before serving..
- This recipe is inspired by laura from laurainthekitchen.com.
Roast sweet potato, peppers, courgette and spinach combine to make this easy veggie lasagne. We really do think this is the best vegetable lasagne recipe we've ever tried. The Best Vegan Lasagna is an amazing meatless, dairy-free lasagna packed with a hummus tofu I simply cannot. Then there were the Summer Vegetable Lasagna Rolls. Sprinkle about one-third of the vegetables over sauce, then top with one-third of the cheese.