Nikki's Quick and Velvety Alfredo Sauce. This alfredo sauce is lower in fat than most, as it is made with half and half. This is delicious over pasta and is easy to make. You can also make it the day Made as is, had a beautiful velvety texture and tasted great.
Ingredients of Nikki's Quick and Velvety Alfredo Sauce
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of parmesan cheese, fresh if possible.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need dash of oregano.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s dash of nutmeg, optional.
This is an "authentic" Alfredo sauce recipe! Real Alfredo sauce *only* contains butter, cream, Parmesan cheese and pepper. It will be thin and there is no garlic in it! If you want a thicker sauce or one with garlic like modern restaurants serve, please look elsewhere!
Nikki's Quick and Velvety Alfredo Sauce step by step
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add clove of garlic..
- Add cream cheese a little at a time, whisking constantly. Then mix in the parmesan cheese, a little at a time, and continue whisking the whole time. At this point it may look lumpy and separated but its fine, just keep whisking..
- Mix the milk and cream together and pour in a little at a time. You will see it start to become creamy almost instantly. Add garlic powder, pepper, oregano, and nutmeg if using. KEEP WHISKING!.
- Let simmer a few minutes, you guessed it, whisking the whole time. DO NOT BOIL! Don't worry if it seems a bit thin, it thickens quite a bit as it cools..
- Don't forget to remove that garlic clove, and thats it, you're done! toss with hot pasta, and if you like, grilled strips of chicken and a little more parmesan cheese. mangia!.
As Alfredo sauce is typically high in fat and calories, compare nutrition labels to find the healthiest option. A plate of pasta topped with creamy Alfredo sauce and chicken is a hearty meal option. To speed up dinner, instead of making your own sauce, use a jar of prepared Alfredo sauce to simplify. Creamy Alfredo Sauce is a slight variation on your traditional Alfredo Sauce. You might wonder how do you make Alfredo Sauce.