Low FODMAP risotto and chicken. Perfect for evenings where you don't feel like cooking, but want comfort food. We both felt like eating risotto, so I made a quick low FODMAP chicken risotto. I wasn't planning to share this recipe with you at all, but when I posted a picture of it.
Ingredients of Low FODMAP risotto and chicken
- Prepare 1 of boneless chicken breast.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Risotto rice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable butter/ lactose free.
- You need 2 of spring onion.
- You need 1 cup of zucchini/courgette.
- You need 1 of hand full spinach.
- It’s 1 cube of yeast free veg stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of hard cheese(if tolerated).
- It’s of Salt & black pepper.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- Prepare Pinch of parsley.
I just made this tonight in my multicooker, it came out like risotto! I subbed the turmeric with curry powder, and omitted the spinach, plus I used my own homemade stock. A creamy low-FODMAP risotto with veggies. This is a quick, easy and very delicious low-FODMAP vegetarian meal.
Low FODMAP risotto and chicken step by step
- Place the chicken breast in a previous oil oven tray,squeeze the whole lemon into the chicken breast, put some salt and pepper to your taste,turn the oven at 200c -250c x 25 – 30 min..
- Meanwhile chop the zucchini in little bite pieces, place a side. Chop the green part of the spring onions as well, wash the spinach if needed,now you are ready to start..
- Place your saucepan in a medium-high fire, put the olive oil, the zucchini and the Spring onions,till the zucchini start to gold/soften, then put the rice to toast with the vegetables for 2 minutes, then add the stock cube, stir up and add 1 cup of hot water, wait till that water almost evaporates then add 1 more cup of water. Like this till the rice tenders(in between 10-15 min) add the table spoon of lactose free butter,cheese salt & pepper. Also add the aromatic herbs I choose just parsley..
- After having a try check your chicken, if needs more time but your Risotto is ready;you can just put your risotto a side of the heat while your chicken finish but it should be around the same time..
- Now your chicken is ready so you can finish your Risotto by placing it in top of the hob again and putting the last ingredient "spinach", stir and after 2 minutes dinner is ready..
The all new recipe section dedicated for Low FODMAP recipes. View entire list of recipes for each categories in our recipe section. Leave out onion for low FODMAP – garnish with green onion instead. View our comprehensive list of High fodmap foods, Low fodmap foods and Fodmap Foods free. Those with large amounts of FODMAPs (i.e., the amount consumed in a serving of the food is definitely above the cutoff that has.