Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti. These are based on the classic biscotti de Prato, but they are much less sweet and made with whole wheat flour and almond flour. Whole-wheat flour, flaxseed, and almonds add fiber and antioxidants to these delicious biscotti. Matt made this and it is SO incredibly good with coffee.
Ingredients of Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti
- You need 2 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coconut shavings.
Mix in almonds and dried fruits or chocolate chips ( if desired ). These cookies render the flavors of an Almond Joy candy bar—almond, chocolate, and coconut—in biscotti form. They keep and pack well, making them great for gift-giving. Coconut oil, coconut flakes, banana, roasted almonds, and chocolate chips make up these incredible banana waffles that taste like an Almond Joy candy bar.
Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 190℃ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar and almond extract in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and coconut shavings.
- Combine these two mixtures, forming a dough.
- Separate dough in two. Place these two sets of dough onto the parchment paper in two long 'log' shapes..
- Bake the mixture for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave 'logs' to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 1cm thick slices.
- Lay slices flat on the baking sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes.
Yes, a waffle that tastes like a candy bar! These waffles are made with coconut oil. In a food processor combine whole-wheat flour, almond meal, coconut flour, both sugars, coconut, baking soda, powder, and salt. Place on a lined baking sheet. Brush with a little heavy cream, sprinkle with coconut and top each scone with one almond.