Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti. I made some few changes though, like replaced the sugar with mashed bananas, or the almond/chocolate combination with pistachios/cranberries or Cranberry Almond Whole Wheat Biscotti. Matt made this and it is SO incredibly good with coffee. Learn how to prepare this easy Whole-Wheat Cranberry Biscotti recipe like a pro.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of rolled oats.
- You need 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter melted.
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced dried apricots.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped dried cranberries.
Why have I not made biscotti before?? I whipped up a batch of Whole Wheat Cranberry Pistachio Vegan Biscotti for a holiday party last weekend and I can't wait to get in the kitchen and make more flavors. Includes whole wheat pastry flour, sugar, chopped pecans, dried cranberries, eggs, baking soda, baking powder, salt, vanilla bean paste. Not too much sugar, made with whole grain, and they store well.
Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl..
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the egg, maple syrup, butter, and apple sauce..
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mixture thoroughly until a wet dough forms..
- Stir in the apricots and cranberries..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the dough into a 12'' by 4'' log and place it in the middle of the baking sheet. As the dough is wet, it will be easier if you partially make this log first in your hands before placing it on the baking sheet. Then press it into the correct dimensions..
- Bake for 20 minutes then cool on a baking rack for 10..
- Slice the log into 1/3'' slices and lay them face up on the baking sheet. Bake for another 6 minutes then flip and bake again for 6 minutes..
Serving size is approximate, since we haven't made these for a while and I can't remember exactly how many the recipe makes. Whole Wheat Almond Biscotti. by Chef Glaucia. An Italian Biscotti recipe made from nuts and/or dried fruits. Whole wheat cranberry dark chocolate biscotti with flecks of orange zest, raw honey in place of sugar, and a generous drizzle of dark chocolate are sitting nice and pretty on my plate (ahem, hand) this morning, and with that, it feels very very verrrry good to be home. Even though our house is crazy and.