Almond Biscotti. My whole biscotti obsession started with this family recipe for Italian Almond Biscotti. Simple and great tasting -it will quickly become one of your favorites. Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
Ingredients of Almond Biscotti
- You need 1 cup of roasted almonds, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Biscotti are baked twice to make them extra crisp and dry—perfect for dunking into a cup of coffee. Get the recipe for Almond Biscotti. It is traditionally enjoyed in the U. S. with a steaming hot cup of coffee, making this delicious treat the perfect Christmastime food gift for any caffeinated connoisseur!.
Almond Biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a large bowl..
- Combine olive oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract..
- Mix egg mixture and flour mixture into a batter. Fold in almonds..
- On baking parchment or non-stick silicone baking mat, form the batter into two logs..
- Bake mixture for 30 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Let cool for ten minutes..
- With a serrated knife cut biscotti into 1 cm thick slices..
- Bake sliced biscotti for 15–20 more minutes. The longer it is baked the harder it becomes. Turn over at the halfway mark. Let cool..
If ever you've found this elongated cookie stale or lacking in flavor, rest assured, this is not that kind of biscotti. Made these almond biscotti and they turned out delicious! I followed the recipe accordingly and followed Chef John's instructions per the video and couldn't be happier with the way these turned out. The instructions were easy to follow and the breaking process matched the results of the video. I will definitely be making these throughout the.